Everyone loves to gather fireside with friends and family on a cool evening. After all, who does not enjoy the nice fireside warmth to contrast the coolness of a fresh breeze on a calm evening with your loved ones?
In this blog post we will be sharing some fun creative ways to get the most out of your fire features!
Wine & Cheese Night
For a more sophisticated outdoor gathering, why not host a wine and cheese night around your fire pit or fire bowl? Set up a table with a selection of cheeses and crackers, and provide guests with different types of wine to try. The warmth of the fire will create a cozy atmosphere for sipping and snacking.
It is recommended to drink responsibly and to avoid adding any food products on your fire pit as they may hinder the unit from nominal operation. For added protection you may use a Wind Guard on your fire pit!
Play Outdoor Games
Turn your fire pit or fire bowl into the centerpiece of a fun outdoor game night. Set up games like cornhole, ladder toss, or giant Jenga, and encourage guests to play while enjoying the warmth of the fire.
- Horseshoes: This classic outdoor game can be played around the fire pit by setting up two stakes in the ground, about 40 feet apart, and tossing horseshoes at them. The player with the most points after all the horseshoes have been thrown wins the game.
- Cornhole: This popular tailgating game can be played around the fire pit by setting up two boards with holes in them, about 27 feet apart, and tossing beanbags at them. The player or team with the most points after all the beanbags have been thrown wins the game
- Jenga: This game can be played around the fire pit by setting up a Jenga tower on a sturdy table or platform. Players take turns removing blocks from the tower without causing it to collapse. The player who causes the tower to fall loses the game.
- Ring Toss: This game can be played around the fire pit by setting up a ring toss game on a stake or a hook. Players take turns tossing rings at the stake or hook, trying to get them to land around it. The player with the most rings around the stake or hook after all the rings have been tossed wins the game.
- Glow-in-the-Dark Games: For a fun and unique twist, you can play glow-in-the-dark games around the fire pit using glow sticks or other light-up toys. Some ideas include glow-in-the-dark frisbee, glow-in-the-dark bowling, or glow-in-the-dark tag.
These are just a few examples of the many games that can be played around the fire pit. You can also get creative and come up with your own games or adapt indoor games to be played outside around the fire. Whatever games you choose, make sure to have fun and stay safe by keeping a safe distance from the fire and using appropriate equipment.
Movie Night Under The Stars
Transform your backyard into an outdoor cinema by setting up a screen or projector near your fire pit or fire bowl. Hosting a movie night under the stars is a great way to enjoy your fire pit or fire bowl while also entertaining your guests. Here are some tips for hosting a successful outdoor movie night:
Choose the Right Equipment: To host a movie night outdoors, you'll need a projector, a screen, and a sound system. You can purchase a portable outdoor movie screen or make your own using a white sheet or projection fabric. You'll also need a projector that can be connected to a laptop or DVD player and a sound system that can be heard over the crackle of the fire.
- Set the Scene: Create a cozy and comfortable atmosphere by bringing out plenty of blankets, pillows, and outdoor chairs for your guests. You can also set up string lights or lanterns around the area to provide additional lighting and ambiance.
- Choose the Right Movie: Select a movie that is appropriate for all ages and interests. Consider movies that are set outdoors or have a camping or adventure theme to fit with the outdoor atmosphere. You can also choose a classic movie that everyone will enjoy.
- Provide Snacks: No movie night is complete without snacks. Set up a snack table with popcorn, candy, and other movie theater favorites. You can also offer hot chocolate or warm cider to keep your guests warm and cozy.
- Check the Weather: Be sure to check the weather forecast before hosting your movie night. Avoid hosting your event on a rainy or windy night, as this can make it difficult to set up and enjoy the movie.
By following these tips, you can host a memorable and enjoyable movie night under the stars around your fire feature!
A Relaxing And Cozy Night
If you're looking for a more low-key way to enjoy your fire pit or fire bowl, a relaxing and cozy night is a great option. Here are some ideas for creating a relaxing and cozy atmosphere around your fire pit or fire bowl:
- Bring Out the Blankets: To create a cozy atmosphere, bring out plenty of blankets and pillows for your guests to snuggle up in. You can also provide outdoor cushions and seating to make the area more comfortable.
- Enjoy Comfort Food: On a chilly night, nothing is more comforting than a warm bowl of soup or chili. You can also offer hot chocolate, warm cider, or tea to warm up your guests. Consider providing a small buffet or potluck-style meal where everyone can contribute their favorite comfort foods.
- Listen to Music: Create a relaxing ambiance by playing soft background music. You can choose soothing instrumental music, jazz, or even some mellow acoustic songs.
- Play Board Games: Board games are a great way to enjoy a relaxing night around the fire pit. Choose games that are easy to play and don't require too much concentration, such as card games, dice games, or classic board games like Scrabble or Monopoly.
- Tell Stories: Gather around the fire pit and share stories with your guests. This can be a great way to connect with friends and family and create lasting memories.
You can definitely create a relaxing and cozy atmosphere around your fire pit or fire bowl and enjoy a night of comfort and relaxation with your loved ones.